ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The <javadoc> task doesn't support the nested "patternset" element
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:28:00 GMT
--- Ronald Muller <rk.muller@12move.nl> wrote:
> okay, so it is not validated, but a check if the document is well formed
> can be done by every XML parser and does not need a DTD. So I still do
> not understand why Ant does not do this.

There's nothing wrong with <fileset ... />, since there's no requirement
that it have nested elements. And when you did that, your nested
tag was) -- hence, the error you got, which did say what the error was:
 <javadoc> doesn't support the nested "patternset" element.
which it doesn't.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)