ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Problems with <exclude> in javac
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:13:00 GMT
--- Nathan Paris <nathan.paris@laurelhillgis.com> wrote:
> The ${srcDir} variable is src/ .  Inside src/ I have the packages:
>
> src/com/package1
> src/com/package2
>
> So my src variable is where the package-structure is located, but
> doesn't include the package structure.  So what I am doing should work,
> right?

Java compilers will compile whatever files they need, if they can find
them (which, since these two files live in the same source path as the
other files you're compiling, it will). So if these two are referenced by
the files you do want to compile, the compiler will go find them and
compile them, regardless of whether they're in the actual list of files
you've handed off to the compiler.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)