ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:42:56 GMT
If the other numbers are independent from the fourth (ie., build) number,
but you're keeping all four number values in a single property file, then
you'd want to use <propertyfile> to increment it (and you could use it to
increment the others as well, by defining a property on the command line
for when the build is for, eg., a patch). Unfortunately, in looking at
this for you, I've just discovered that <propertyfile> is yet again broken
:(

So for now, I'd say define your build number using <buildnumber>, and read
in both your properties file that defines the other three and the one that
<buildnumber> writes out.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)