ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Auto-increment a x.x.x.x build number?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:15:45 GMT
--- "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuffey@BUYMEDIA.com> wrote:
> Just got Ant 1.5. I am curious if it is possible to update a build
> number that comes in the form of x.x.x.x I want to update the last .x
> until it reachs either 99 or 255. Once it gets there it should auto
> increment the next to last .x and reset the last .x to 0. And so on
> through the 4 different numbers. Is this possible? Or does the new
> BuildNumber feature only increment a single value? I can't find anything
> in the API docs that show any examples of how to do this.

You couldn't use <buildnumber>, but you could probably do it with a
combination of <propertyfile> and <condition>, if you have a separate
property for (at least) the last and next-to-last "x". What determines
whether the cut-off is 99 or 255? And does the next-to-last "x" have an
upper limit, which then affects the next-to-next-to-last, etc.?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)