ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Klein <erikkl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is ANT right tool?
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:39:46 GMT
I am seeking two things from this post if you would please oblige.

1. Is there a way within ANT to determine that a target/step has failed and, if so, to
conditionally proceed to other target(s)/step(s) without ANT bailing out (i.e. "Clean Up")?

2. I am tasked with creating a system that not only automates the build of a Java project,
but
also automatically configures a WebLogic Server, deploys the built Java project to it, and
runs a
regression test on it.  Additionally, this project will need to access a version control system
(Harvest) to automatically check out the source code prior to the build and check in the results
of the regression test following its completion.  Lastly, it will also have to automatically
configure a Sybase database with "Golden/Test" data prior to running the tests and restore
it to
its previous image following the test.

I'm starting to get the idea that #2 is beyond the scope of ANT but would appreciate feedback
on
both issues and, if possible, recommendations for other scripting / programming environments
better suited to my needs.

Much appreciated.

Erik

=====