ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Property element of ant task needs an "if"
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2002 02:09:06 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> My question for you Diane, Ant Guru in Chief, would be to know whether
> you would find <propertyset> valuable?

Well, I'm not sure about that title -- there's lots of gurus out there in
Antland. As for <propertyset>, I should think it'd certainly be handy as
an "inheritSome"-type thing for <ant>/<antcall>. It might be useful to
allow <propertyset> to do an "includes" kind of thing, so you could define
a set of, say, all env.* properties. As for <java> and <junit>, I guess
you're thinking about having it be a nested element for <sysproperty>,
yes? So yeah, for what's it's worth -- if you're up for coding it, I'd say
go for it.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)