ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question, recursive task invocation
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:12:50 GMT
--- Fei Sha <Fei.Sha@prism.uvsq.fr> wrote:
> 1. How to invoke a task(which does not recurs into the sub-directories
> itself) recursively in the sub directories if I don't
> want to create a build.xml file in each sub-directory?

Which task are you wanting to do it for (ie., does it take a directory
specification)?

> 2. Is it possible to invoke another task from within a task?

Depends on what you mean. The <parallel> and <sequential> Ant tasks, and
the <if> and <trycatch> ant-contrib tasks let you nest other tasks. And in
a sense, so do <condition> and <waitfor>.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)