ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Williams <m...@bigfoot.com>
Subject Ant tasks to handle dependencies between jar-files?
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 09:34:31 GMT
I'd like to be able to create dependencies between jar-files in my deployed
application, using manifest "Class-Path" entries, as described in the
JDK-1.3 doco:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/extensions/spec.html#bundled

More specifically, I'd like to be able to add dependencies to existing
jars, e.g.

    <jardep archive="myapp.jar"
            libs="velocity.jar,commons-logging.jar" />
    <jardep archive="velocity.jar"
            libs="commons-collections.jar" />
    <jardep archive="vcommons-logging.jar"
            libs="log4j.jar" />

Also, it would be useful to be able to drag dependencies along when copying
jar-files:

    <copyjars toDir="dist/lib"
              fromDir="lib"
              includes="myapp.jar" />

    dist/lib now contains:
        - myapp.jar
        - velocity.jar
        - commons-collections.jar
        - commons-logging.jar
        - log4j.jar

Are there any existing Ant tasks to support such things.
(If not, I may have a go at writing some).

--
cheers, Mike