ant-user mailing list archives

From "h d" <hdexc...@excite.com>
Subject Formatted - Problem with vsspath in vssget
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:34:12 GMT

To All,
Let me try this again with better formatting.
I am attempting to use ANT 1.4.1 with Visual SourceSafe 6.0 for the first time. Within SourceSafe
I have created a project, let's call it "Proj1". Directly through the SourceSafe GUI, I am
able to extract all of the code from the project directory to a local location. Unfortunately,
if I attempt the same functionality through ANT, I get an error stating that "Proj1" in SourceSafe
does not exist. I believe that I have used the "vsspath" variable in "vssget" to specify the
SourceSafe project correctly.
The following is an example of the code:
&lt;vssget
localPath="&lt;aLocalDir&gt;"
login="&lt;aValidUsername&gt;, &lt;aValidPassword&gt;"
recursive="true"
vsspath="/Proj1"
ssdir="C:/theStandardVSSLocation/VSS/win32"
writable="true"
/&gt;
Unfortunately, I always get an error stating that the build failed because $/Proj1 is not
an existing filename or project. I am confused because this project does exist in SourceSafe.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
HD

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com