ant-user mailing list archives

From "h d" <hdexc...@excite.com>
Subject Problem with vsspath in vssget task
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:17:19 GMT

To:
&lt;ant-user@jakarta.apache.org&gt;

Subject:
Problem with vsspath in vssget task

To All, I am attempting to use ANT 1.4.1 with Visual SourceSafe 6.0 for the first time. Within
SourceSafe I have created a project, let's call it "Proj1". Directly through the SourceSafe
GUI, I am able to extract all of the code from the directory to a local directory. Unfortunately,
if I attempt the same functionality through ANT, I get an error stating that "Proj1" in SourceSafe
does not exist. The ANT variable, vsspath is used to set the project. The following is an
example: &lt;vssget           localPath="&lt;aLocalDir&gt;"           login="&lt;validUsername,
validPassword&gt;"           recursive="true"           vsspath="/Proj1"           ssdir="&lt;C:/theStandardVssLocation/VSS/win32"
          writable="true" /&gt; Unfortunately, I always get an error stating that the
build has failed because $/Proj1 is not an existing filename or project. I am lost because
this project does exist in sourcesafe??? I would appreciate any help. Thanks, HD

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com