ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wildcards in the file attribute for the available task
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:17:28 GMT
--- Aaron Siri <asiri@printcafe.com> wrote:
> Are wildcards/regexps permitted and respected for the file attribute in
> the Available tag?

Nope.

> Specifically, I'm trying to do something like the following to wait for
> a bit to make sure all of the jboss messages have been processed (the
> snippet is part of a unit test target):
>
> <waitfor maxwait="10" maxwaitunit="minute" checkevery="60"
[...]

But there's a difference between waiting (at most) 10 minutes versus
"[making] sure all of the jboss messages have been processed". What if
they're not all done within 10 minutes? Then you haven't in fact made sure
they've all been processed, right?, since you're going to bail after that,
regardless.

So which do you actually want to do: 1) make sure they've all been
processed, or 2) give it 10 minutes, then bail?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)