ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem with ant ftp task.
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:45:16 GMT
--- Denis McCarthy <dmccarthy@omnipaygroup.com> wrote:
> I'm using ant to deploy my code to a development version of weblogic on
> a remote unix box. Ant was ftp-ing over my entire codebase each time I
> did a deploy (it wasn't checking if the version on the unix box was the
> same as the one on my own machine before ftp-ing).

It should only do files that are newer than the ones on the remote machine
(ie., they don't exist over there, or their timestamp is older). If it
wasn't doing that, then something's not working right in your setup (maybe
the machines' dates are out-of-sync?). You should probably look into
fixing whatever the problem is, so that the task works correctly for you,
rather than trying to implement a workaround for it.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)