ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject Re: Way to use a fileset for uptodate's "to" or "mapper"
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:25:39 GMT
--- Scott Ellsworth <> wrote:
> > I am trying to wrap my head around something, and kind of failing.
> > What am I missing?
> Turns out that <dependset> was what I was missing.
> The only problem I am missing now is how to know when to build if
> dependset deletes my files.  If I run the above, it will certainly
> eradicate everything in the directory if they are out of date, but
> unless I know that something got deleted, I will not know that I should
> regenerate the files.

Do you actually want everything in the directory deleted, if anything's
out-of-date (ie., if any one thing is out-of-date, does that actually
require everything get rebuilt)? If not, then <dependset> probably isn't
the best way to go. On the other hand, if yes, then whatever target
currently builds this stuff should just depend on a target that has the
<dependset>, so it'll go do that first, then, when it comes back to the
original target, the task(s) in it will build whatever would normally get
built when none of the target-files are there.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message