ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to set a new Environment variable from build.xml
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:39:00 GMT
--- X3J 1657 <x3j1657@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is what I'm doing:
>
> <target name="set">
> <exec executable="D:/ant/bin/ant.bat" dir=".">
>       <env key="PROJDIR" value="D:/Versata_VIS"/>
> </exec>
> [snip]
> Apparantly, the variable PROJDIR is not getting set as environment
> variable.

It is -- but only while your <exec> is executing. I don't know exactly
what it is you really want to do, but if you're trying to change your
environment and make it stick -- you can't do that. If what you're wanting
to do is execute your current build file, but with a different setting for
env.PROJDIR, see the <ant> task. If you're not trying to do either of
those, write again, saying what it is you do actually want to do.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)