ant-user mailing list archives

From "Simon O'Doherty" <simon_odohe...@mail.com>
Subject Using Property within a nested tag.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:38:18 GMT
Hi,

I am creating a custom task and I have a nested tag which shares some of the functionality
of the property tag.

So I create my nested tag as implementing property and it works fine. However it does not
work until my top level task is finished.

For example.

<task>
  <myprop name="test" value="this is a test"/>
  <echo message="${test}"/>
</task>
<echo message="${test}"/>

The first echo returns "${test}" but the second returns the correct value.

My execute code is processing the myprop tags first so that all properties are generated,
but the other nested tags can't access them.

I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong? Is this what the property tag should do?
Or if this has been discussed before can someone please point me to the thread (I've looked
without much luck :/). TIA.

Simon.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8