ant-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Zander <>
Subject Re: RMI problem with Ant
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 19:49:40 GMT
On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 01:15:55PM +0200, Binu wrote:
> Hi,
>  I have a problem with RMI when I use Ant. If I compile my project with
> JBuilder I have no problem in running the project. But when I use Ant script
> eventhough the stubs are created properly I get a
> when running the application. This happens
> for my first RMI call.
> Any body knows why it is happening ?

My best guess is that the class you are trying to serialize is retrieved from
a different jar or classpath in your JBuilder environment and in the ant

Take a look if you have a stale jar lying around which contains the class.
Just remove all .class files and jar files that are generated and start you

If this fails maybe the class is supplied in JBuilder as a different version...

I never used RMI, but have seen the above happen some times, so excuse my answer
if it totally missed the mark :)

Thomas Zander
                                                 We are what we pretend to be

View raw message