ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to: Converting a property value into something else?
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 22:24:51 GMT
Oh right -- forgot it was a dual-purpose property (which means you
couldn't have the ${line.separator}'s in there either, right, since you
need them all on the same line for when it's the arg). Hmm, hate to say
it, but, looks like <script> would be your friend in this case.

> Ant is lacking some simple regex formatting of properties IMHO.

I agree -- that's why I started trying to get the <subst> task together.
But it was too late in the game for 1.5, so it got shelved, and I've not
gotten back to it yet. But I did see that JBoss has one (even has the same
name), when I was checking their stuff out (came up in another thread),
and I think I remember seeing it did regexp. Maybe you could see about
picking that up on its own?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)