ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: loaderref attribute in taskdef
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 20:05:24 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> Never used it, but I think you just have to use the same name for the
> loaderref attribute for both your custom tasks to be loaded by the same
> class loader, which is essential for them to recognize each other. --DD

This is what the comment in the code has to say about it:
/**
 * Use the reference to locate the loader. If the loader is not
 * found, taskdef will use the specified classpath and register it
 * with the specified name.
 *
 * This allow multiple taskdef/typedef to use the same class loader,
 * so they can be used together. It eliminate the need to
 * put them in the CLASSPATH.
 *
 * @since Ant 1.5
 */

Which says to me that you're basically assigning the name of the reference
the first time you specify that attribute, then referring to it when you
use it again.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)