ant-user mailing list archives

From "H, Sugumaran (CORP, GEITC)" <Sugumara...@geind.ge.com>
Subject RE: Executable jar using ANT-urgent
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:03:15 GMT
I also faced the same kind of problem. Now I am supplying my own manifest
file itself. This one works properly. One of the reason behind this could
the file format in which manifest was saved by Ant.

Cheers,
Sugu

-----Original Message-----
From: Gaurav Sharma [mailto:GauravS@hexaware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 12:09 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Executable jar using ANT-urgent

Hi,

I am building an executable jar using jar task . I use following syntax

<jar jarfile="${assembly}/test.jar">  <fileset dir="${build}"/>

	<manifest>
	     <attribute name="Main-Class" value="a.b.MainClass"/>
             <attribute name="Class-Path" value="classes12.zip mail.jar
activation.jar"/>
	</manifest>

      </jar>
      </target>

When I run this jar, I get exceptions as application doesn't find classes
referenced by Class-Path attribute.
I checked the manifest generated by ANT. It has all the things proper like
space after Class-Path attribte and new line after
Class-Path enteries. If I write the same Manifest manually and make jar, it
runs properly.
I dont understand why should Class-Path attribute cause propblem if
generated by ANT.
Anybody got any clues!!!

Thanks.