ant-user mailing list archives

From "Caroline Foster" <Caroline.Fos...@backstream.com>
Subject RE: Problem with vsspath in vssget task
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:19:39 GMT
I am also using ANT 1.4.1 with Visual SourceSafe 6.0, and in my vssget
tasks I also specify
serverPath=C:/theStandardVssLocation/VSS which points to my srcsafe.ini
file.

Hopefully if you add this attribute to your vssget tasks it will solve
your problem :)

-----Original Message-----
From: h d [mailto:hdexcite@excite.com]
Sent: 12 July 2002 00:10
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem with vsspath in vssget task

 To All,          I am attempting to use ANT 1.4.1 with Visual
SourceSafe 6.0 for the first time. Within SourceSafe I have created a
project, let's call it "Proj1". Directly through the SourceSafe GUI, I
am able to extract all of the code from the directory to a local
directory. Unfortunately, if I attempt the same functionality through
ANT, I get an error stating that "Proj1" does not exist. The ANT
variable, vsspath is used to set the project.           The following is
an example:             &lt;vssget
localPath="&lt;aLocalDir&gt;"                login="&lt;validUsername,
validPassword&gt;"                recursive="true"
vsspath="/Proj1"
ssdir="&lt;C:/theStandardVssLocation/VSS/win32"
writable="true" /&gt;            Unfortunately, I always get an error
stating that the build has failed because $/Proj1 is not an existing
filename or project.            I am lost because this project does
exist in sourcesafe???            I would appreciate any help. Thanks,
HD