ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Charters <mchar...@umich.edu>
Subject passing all command line arguments from ant to something else
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:26:59 GMT
hi,

I wonder if there is an easy way of passing all of the command line
arguments from ant to a script that you run via ant.

The java program I am working on does its own command line parameter
processing ... and the only way of passing parameters I know of is to do
something like:

ant run -Dvarname=value

and then you have to pass ${varname} to the script.

But this is not something I would like to do ... i would like to know if
there is maybe:

a.  some built-in ant variable that contains either the exact command
that was executed on the command line

b.  some built-in ant variable that contains all of the parameters to
the command that started ant on the command line

is there anything like this?

is there a better way to do parameter processing via ant?

any help would be appreciated...

thanks a lot,
-Mike