ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Charters <mchar...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: ant "run" target
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:53:50 GMT
thanks for the response,

what do you mean by "Ant blocks until your application terminates"?

when you do a distrib and run your program ... how do you run your
distribution version?  do you use something like:

java -jar somefile.jar
?

if you do that, how does it know which class to execute?

is this how most people execute their programs?  they just compile all
the classes, package them in a jar, then execute the jar?

is this pretty common for people to do?

i am just trying to familiarize myself with how people use tools like
ant ... and possibly other java utilities that people use ...

are there any web sites anyone can direct me to with good documentation
on different java utilities (including ant)?

thanks,
-Mike