ant-user mailing list archives

From Jesse Stockall <je...@cryptocard.com>
Subject Re: Ant tasks to handle dependencies between jar-files?
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2002 10:36:03 GMT
On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 05:34, Mike Williams wrote:
> I'd like to be able to create dependencies between jar-files in my deployed
> application, using manifest "Class-Path" entries, as described in the
> JDK-1.3 doco:
>
>     http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/extensions/spec.html#bundled
>
> More specifically, I'd like to be able to add dependencies to existing
> jars, e.g.

Use the <manifest> attributes of the <jar> task.

  <jar destfile="test.jar" basedir=".">
    <include name="build"/>
    <manifest>
      <attribute name="Class-Path" value="file1.jar"/>
    </manifest>
  </jar>

> Also, it would be useful to be able to drag dependencies along when copying
> jar-files:

Have a look at the external task <genjar>
http://www.riggshill.com/projects/genjar
I use it to build single jars that contain classes from multiple
sources. Genjar also supports the manifest attributes.

Jesse

--
 Jesse Stockall			|	Tel: 1+ 613.599.2441 ext. 243
 CRYPTOCard Corporation		|	Fax: 1+ 613.599.2442