ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: problem with delete task
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:33:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Rosmon_Sidhik@i2.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <steve_l@iseran.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 1:49 AM
Subject: Re: problem with delete task

> > oh, wait a minute. Are you using ClearCase? The word 'vob' is a hint
> there?
>
> Yes, I'm using clearcase.
>
> > I have encountered trouble with CC on windows and directory <delete>;
> > trouble a reboot would always make go away. I never fixed the the
> problem,
> > and am still scared of ccase. Try deleting by hand to see if that works.
>
> I can't reboot the machine since it's a server.

thought as much.

> well if i go to the server via telnet and delete it does work.
> Is there any other solution for this...??

well, the ugly non-portable hack is to use <telnet> to do that, or maybe
<exec> a call to rm. File an ant bug on the subject anyway, because if two
of us have encountered it, then it may be a real problem.

course, now that I dont run clearcase no more (and rebuilt my PC), I doubt I
can replicate it