ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Reid" <mark.r...@proxima-tech.com>
Subject Problem running CVS task - CVS not found?
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 07:03:53 GMT
Hi,

I've recently created a build.xml file I want to run nightly via a cron job on a Solaris box.
I have a simple shell script which, when I call manually works fine. When I add this task
to the crontab I get the following errors mailed to me:

    [mkdir] Created dir: /opt/autobuild/nightly/src
     [echo] Exporting 'Centauri/development/common' from ':pserver:mreid@holst:/usr/cvs/repository'
      [cvs] Executing 'cvs' with arguments:
      [cvs] '-d:pserver:mreid@holst:/usr/cvs/repository'
      [cvs] '-q'
      [cvs] 'export'
      [cvs] '-r'
      [cvs] 'HEAD'
      [cvs] 'Centauri/development/common'
      [cvs] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
      [cvs] not part of the command.
      [cvs] Caught exception: cvs: not found

I'm guessing that this means Ant cannot find the CVS command since my PATH environment variable
is about the only thing different when I run the script by hand and as a cron job. I hunted
through the docs on the CVS task but can't find any information saying how CVS is called.

Does Ant include a fully function version of CVS written in Java or does it call cvs on my
system?

Thanks,

Mark Reid.