ant-user mailing list archives

From Dipankar Chakraborty <Dipank...@InterraIT.COM>
Subject RE: Error : Exception Reading Component <java>
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2002 04:48:41 GMT

Hi,

I have mentioned in my previous mail the "Exception reading component
D:\myProject\lib\xerces.jar"
error with ant1.4 (which was not there in ant1.3alpha) while running java
task from ant.

I have tested the same with ant 1.5beta3, but still I am facing the same
problem.

Am I doing something wrong?

Bye,
Dipankar

The detail error:

When trying to run a java program from ant, which requires xerces.jar, is
failing.
Original error is NoClassDefFound w3c/org/dom/Document
on -debug -verbose mode found out that it is giving error
Exception reading component d:/myProject/lib/xerces.jar.

Following is the ant code snippet:
<java classname="web.services.search.Indexer">
                  <classpath>
			<pathelement path="d:\myProject\lib\xerces.jar
;d:/myProject/classes"/>
			</classpath>

		</java>

The response from ant1.5beta3 with verbose and debug mode:

     [java] BaseParser::createDocumentModel
Exception reading component D:\myProject\lib\xerces.jar
     [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Document