ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Reid" <mark.r...@proxima-tech.com>
Subject Default javac options: discrepency between Ant and SDK
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 01:06:21 GMT
Hi,

After compiling some classes using an Ant file I noticed that no line number information appeared
in stack traces when my program failed. Looking into the matter, it seems that the default
debug behaviour for javac as an Ant task and the Sun SDK javac tool are different.

If I compile some Java using a vanilla "javac" from the command line, line number and source
file information is included by default. In the javac Ant task the default behaviour is to
include no debugging information. Thankfully both the Sun SDK docs and the Ant docs make this
clear.

I would have thought that the javac Ant task defaults would be the same as the command line
version. Is there any reason why this isn't the case?

Cheers,

Mark.
---
Mark Reid