ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bryan Pendleton" <>
Subject Ant 1.5 -- deprecated warning from Available task
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:44:28 GMT
With Ant 1.5, I use the following build file:

<project name="avail" default="run">
    <target name="run" depends="init"/>
    <target name="check" depends="init"/>
    <target name="init">
        <available property="jdk1.2+"

and I run the Ant command:

  ant check run

Then I get the output:

[available] DEPRECATED - <available> used to override an existing
[available]   Build file should not reuse the same property name for
different values.

I did not get the warning with Ant 1.4.1.

It seems to me that maybe the check at line 249 of is too strict, and maybe it should

if (null != getProject().getProperty(property) &&
    !value.equals(getProject().getProperty(property))) {

so that it only complains if I'm actually trying to
set the property to a different value.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message