ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Kuttig" <newsgro...@activem.de>
Subject Redefine value of property
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:32:54 GMT
Hi.

I use property-elements to shorten used strings in my ant-script.

My Problem:
I define the following property at the beginning of the file:
<property name="outpath" value="g:/java/out" />
This property is used by diffrent targets. One target now should change
the content of this property by adding another string to the value. I
tried to redefine the property with the following line:
<property name="outpath" value=${outpath}/${timestamp}" />
But this doesn't work. The property still has its original content.

How can I redefine the value of a property? Or should I use another
xml-element instead of <property>?

Thanks for answers,
Jens