ant-user mailing list archives

From "Savinos Minas" <savi...@rogers.com>
Subject Ant build problems
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:47:14 GMT
Hello:

I can't get Ant to build for some strange reason  I am new to Ant and I am using it to build
some examples.  I followed all the instructions from the Ant web site but no luck.  I am using
Ant 1.5 and j2sdk 1.4.1 beta.    I have set the environment variables to ANT_HOME=D:\Jakarta\Ant\jakarta-ant-1.5
and JAVA_HOME=D:\j2sdk1.4.1.

My path is
Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;D:\Jakarta\Ant\jakarta-ant-1.5\bin;D:\j2sdk1.4.1\bin.

I am using Windows XP.   I received the following message when try to run Ant.  I get the
same message when I type java at the prompt.

D:\example\ex1>ant
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -client       to select the "client" VM
    -server       to select the "server" VM
    -hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
                  The default VM is client.

    -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
                  set search path for application classes and resources
    -D<name>=<value>
                  set a system property
    -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
                  enable verbose output
    -version      print product version and exit
    -showversion  print product version and continue
    -? -help      print this help message
    -X            print help on non-standard options
    -ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  enable assertions
    -da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
    -disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]
                  disable assertions
    -esa | -enablesystemassertions
                  enable system assertions
    -dsa | -disablesystemassertions