ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Commenting out DOCTYPEs
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 20:53:49 GMT
Here's a topic I've seen come up in the course of other threads, but I'd like to pull together
this info in a thread of its own.

While the <ejbjar> task has a <dtd> subelement for mapping DTDs to local files,
other tasks (notably the <style> task) lack the same capability.  This can make life
difficult for those of us behind firewalls.  While I believe this may be fixed in Ant 1.5
(am I correct?), it seems the best way solution is to comment out the DOCTYPE statement in
the XML file being processed, and then uncomment it after processing.

What slick ways have you guys out there found for getting around this limitation?  Do you
comment out the DOCTYPE, or remove it entirely?  Do you replace it after the processing?
What tasks do you use to accomplish this?

Erik, this might be a good addition to the jGuru FAQ - I can submit the question if you'd
like.

Kyle