ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help: <signjar> not behaving
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:17:27 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, David Colton <David.Colton@fineos.com> wrote:

>   [signjar] jarsigner: attempt to rename
> E:\builds\java\install\classes\Ta.jar to
> E:\builds\java\install\classes\Ta.jar.orig failed
>

> The funny this is that should be working on Ta.jar.sig not
> Ta.jar.orig (there is no .orig file in the directory).

Of course there isn't.  Ant tries to rename Ta.jar to Ta.jar.orig to
sign this one and create a new Ta.jar.  I guess your Ta.jar is locked
and so Ant cannot move it.

> Yet if I extract this exact same task out to a simple test build.xml
> it works fine.

Wild guess: Ta.jar is on the classpath of the VM running Ant in your
normal build process, but not in your simple test file.  It is not
possible to rename a JAR that is in the CLASSPATH or (for example) in
the <classpath> of a <javac> task that has been run - the JVM will
lock it.

If <javac> is the problem, you can try to fork it.

Stefan