ant-user mailing list archives

From Rigas Parathyras <rp...@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Subject please help JAVA_HOME problem in path (mandrake) linux
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:59:56 GMT
hello there
I was wondering if someone could help me with ant installation. It's
about the JAVA_HOME path. I am
using linux, Mandrake and I cannot find the path where java is
installed. Whenever I type ant, I get the error message:
ERROR: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.

The thing is I installed java from the cdrom of mandrake originally and
not seperately and now I cannot find it.

If I type whereis java I get the directories:
/usr/bin/java   /usr/include/java
The first one just has the java command and the second the libraries (If
I put the second as JAVA_HOME it gives me the error message that it
cannot find the class Object.

I would be so greatful if you could help me in this
Best regards
Rigas