ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jerome Jacobsen" <jerome.jacob...@gentootech.com>
Subject RE: Path confusion. I'm going crazy!
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:52:48 GMT
It works now.  Don't know what I did to fix it.  It may have been moving my
<property> tags out of the init target and into the top level.

Thanks for your debugging tips.  I'm a new ant user and didn't find any
debugging tips in the 1.4.1 User Manual.

I'm no longer crazy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 10:19 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Path confusion. I'm going crazy!

Dunno! The xml you show seems correct to me. Are both these <path> defined
at the top level, with classesDir and testClassesDir already defined? Are
there any <ant> or <antcall> involved?

Did you try running with -debug and look carefully to the output?

For troubleshooting purpose, just after defining these <path>s, but before
trying to compile, print them out using:

<property name="cp" refid="classpath.path" />
<echo message="cp = ${cp}" />

<property name="tcp" refid="test.classpath.path" />
<echo message="tcp = ${tcp}" />

Beside these weak recommendations, it's hard to tell what could be wrong
from what you already provided. --DD