ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jerome Jacobsen" <jerome.jacob...@gentootech.com>
Subject Path confusion. I'm going crazy!
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:05:05 GMT
I've got the following:

 <path id="classpath.path">
  <pathelement location="${classesDir}"/>
  <fileset dir="lib">
   <include name="*.jar"/>
  </fileset>
 </path>

 <path id="test.classpath.path">
  <path refid="classpath.path"/>
  <pathelement location="${testClassesDir}"/>
  <fileset dir="test/lib">
   <include name="*.jar"/>
  </fileset>
 </path>

What I'm trying to do with this is setup two paths.  One for compiling the
project.  Another for compiling and running the project test classes.
Compilation of the project works ok (using classpath.path).  Compilation of
the test classes fails (using test.classpath.path).

With -verbose option I see that the javac -classpath for the test classes is
missing my projects classes directory (defined by ${classesDir} in
classpath.path).  It is getting all the jars from classpath.path.  So my
question is, why doesn't it pickup the <pathelement location=${classesDir}/>
too???

Regards,

Jerome