ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stopper" <mike.stop...@ams.com>
Subject Specifying the version in the <manifest> task
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:15:13 GMT
If I try to add a Manifest-Version attribute to a MANIFEST.MF file that
I'm creating from scratch, I basically wind up with two entries--one at
the top that says

        Manifest-Version: 1.0

and then later on mine shows up.  This results in an invalid MANIFEST
format, since you're only supposed to specify this tag once!!

Is there any way to change the manifest version via the manifest task or
will it always provide this value for me??  It even looks like the
ordering of attributes, even though implied from the build script may be
(slightly) non-deterministic in the actual produced MANIFEST.MF file???

Here's the build snippet and the resulting manifest:

        <manifest file="${runtime.dir}/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF">
            <!-- version gets added automatically?? -->
            <attribute name="Manifest-Version" value="1.1"/>
            <attribute name="Created-By" value="${WIN.USERNAME}"/>
            <attribute name="Class-Path"
value="${war.manifest.classpath}"/>
        </manifest>

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: MSTOPPER
Manifest-Version: 1.1
Class-Path: core.jar ngpd.jar util.jar core-validation.jar core-momapi
 -client.jar core-momapi-j2ee-server.jar core-momapi-proxy.jar core-mo
 mapi-server.jar core-securitymaint2-ejb.jar commons-httpclient.jar co
 mmons-validator.jar fop.jar httpunit.jar jakarta-regexp-1.jar xerces.
 jar xml4j.jar concurrent.jar

Any help would be appreciated.
Michael Stopper
Senior Principal / SPS Technical Architect
American Management Systems, Inc.
4114 Legato Road
Fairfax, Virginia  22033
703.227.6646 Office