ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Gibbs" <dgi...@agency.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jasper/JspC
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:46:26 GMT
I'll try it, can't do any harm...
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Meakin [mailto:geoffm@isocra.com]
Sent: 24 June 2002 17:36
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/jasper/JspC

This is a bit of a wild-goose-chase sort of response, but I've had a similar
problem, and resolved it down to the
fact that although the correct jars were in the classpath, the classpath was
somehow "too long" for the VM,
and some jars didn't get picked up. Just in case this is an issue on your
machine, you could try (as a test only) copying all the jars you need into a
directory such as D:\l and make your classpath much shorter.

I doubt if it is this, but I spent the best part of a day scratching my head
before I found that out..

Cheers
-Geoff