ant-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Meakin" <geo...@isocra.com>
Subject bonus class files!?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:34:28 GMT
I've recently converted a simple script file (which used javac) to ANT-
all it does is compile a list of java files- hence the equivalent ANT script
contains a simple <javac>.

When comparing the classlist of output files for the script and the ANT
script, I notice that ANT
generates the odd extra anonymous class such as com/blah/blah/foo$1.class,
where this does not exist
in the classlist generated by the ordinary script. Both are then jarred up,
and both seem to work
fine, however I would appreciate knowing why there is a difference- if
anybody could shed any light on
this. Both are using the same JDK, and nothing whizzy is happening (forking
off other compilers, compiling
for different targets etc..)

Thanks,
Geoff