ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Colton (ext. 799)" <David.Col...@fineos.com>
Subject RE: Help: <signjar> not behaving
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:56:58 GMT
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Stefan wrote:
>
>  Of course there isn't.  Ant tries to rename Ta.jar to Ta.jar.orig to
>  sign this one and create a new Ta.jar.  I guess your Ta.jar is locked
>  and so Ant cannot move it.

It's beside the point but I couldn't see this in the source,
it was the first thing I looked for - (obviously not hard
enough)

>  Wild guess: Ta.jar is on the classpath of the VM running Ant in your
>  normal build process, but not in your simple test file.  It is not
>  possible to rename a JAR that is in the CLASSPATH or (for example) in
>  the <classpath> of a <javac> task that has been run - the JVM will
>  lock it.

Spot on. The jar was used in a previous task to compile
some apps. 20 developers and none of them knew this !

Signing before use works fine.

Thanks Stefan.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential,
may be privileged and is intended only for the use of the
recipient named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or a representative of the intended recipient,
you have received this e-mail in error and must not copy,
use or disclose the contents of this email to anybody
else. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
permanently delete the copy you received. This email has
been swept for computer viruses. However, you should
carry out your own virus checks.

Registered in Ireland, No. 205721. http://www.FINEOS.com