ant-user mailing list archives

From "Baldry, Scot M" <Scot.Bal...@gs.com>
Subject Urgent help reqd for ejbjar task in ANT 1.4.1
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:40:22 GMT
I am having some trouble working with the ejbjar task in ANT 1.4.1 along
with WebLogic 6.1. I am sure that the problem is more with the way that
BEA's "ejbc" tool works rather than a problem with ANT, however after
spending 2 days looking at this problem I thought I would ask for some help!

The problem is... I have a deep nested tree of source that contains both
regular java packages and several ejb packages (about 350 in total). For
example:

com
	mycompany
			package1
			package2
			ejb
				ejbpackage1
				ejbpackage2

At any one point in time I need to recompile and repackage any package in
the tree. Using the ejb jar task I get the following warning when I try and
build a bean:

"mypackage has a class com.mycompany.foo.Bar which is in the classpath. This
class should only be located in the ejb-jar file"

I understand what the error is telling me however I don't understand how I
can avoid these errors using the "classpath" and "wlclasspath" attributes of
the ejbjar task. For example, the "classpath" attribute in my example is
used to reference the entire tree as shown above. However, to avoid the
errors I need to setup the wlclasspath to include the entire tree excluding
the package I am currently trying to build (since the bean I am building may
reference other classes in my tree I need to include everything else).
Ideally I want to use something like the "include" and "exclude" fileset
operators on a path (which of course is not supported).

Can anyone offer any help, advice or tips?

Many Thanks

Scot