ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Walker <twal...@merc-int.com>
Subject RE: Delete and File Properties
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:11:40 GMT
Excellent. Thank you.

--
Tim Walker
Senior Software Engineer
twalker@freshwater.com
Freshwater Software
303-443-2266 ex. 6505
Looking for Answers to your SiteScope or SiteSeer questions?
http://www.freshwater.com/support/search.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 2:00 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Delete and File Properties

A good solution is to use Ant 1.5's new selector capability.  Unfortunately
there is not a selector to filter out read-only files built-in.  But the
selector feature is extensible.  I hope I'm not giving away the farm on our
upcoming Ant book, but I was going to add this to Ant 1.6 anyway.  Here is a
custom selector to select only read-only files:

package org.example.antbook;

import org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.BaseExtendSelector;

import java.io.File;

public class ReadOnlySelector extends BaseExtendSelector {
    public boolean isSelected(File basedir, String filename, File file)
            throws BuildException {
        return (!file.canWrite());
    }
}

Here's how I use it:

    <selector id="selector">
      <custom classname="org.example.antbook.ReadOnlySelector"
classpath="${build.dir}"/>
    </selector>

    <copy todir="${temp.dir}">
      <fileset dir="${data.dir}">
        <selector refid="selector"/>
      </fileset>
    </copy>

If you wanted to invert the selection to choose only non-read-only files,
simply wrap it with the <not> selector container.

    Erik