ant-user mailing list archives

From <Erik.Ostermuel...@alltel.com>
Subject custom task & 'untouched' xml from build file
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:24:53 GMT
I'm trying to figure out whether ANT is the right tool for a particular
task.

I'm writing a test harness that submits XML messages to a server.

I've read the doc for custom tasks.  It seems that ANT will parse the
XML
and pass it to your task one 'piece' at a time.  The 'pieces' are things
like
values of attributes, element text, nested elements.

I would like the top level of my custom task xml to behave exacltly like
this.
However, I'd like ANT to pass all nested XML to me in an unaltered form,
not piece by piece.

Is there a way to configure this, or is this something I must customize
myself?

My motivation for doing this is the following:  I want to encode the
business XML
message in the build file.  I need the business message in-tact so MY
code can marshal
it into an object (using Castor).

Thanks for such a great product.

erik.ostermueller@alltel.com