ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject RE: Need help running Ant under cygwin on Win2k
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:20:08 GMT
So, this makes the whole "location" property thing more painful then.  If I
use "value" instead, then the value of the property is just what I type, so,
below the "bin" property will just be "bin", as opposed to doing a relative
path resolution to wherever the bin dir is located.

At this point, it seems fairly painful for me to run Ant under Cygwin.  I'm
not blaming Ant, as it really is a combination of the JDK, ant, some crappy
scripts we have that need full paths and so on.  Windows of course makes it
even worse, because I can't simply run a Perl script as I do on a UNIX box.
This was one of the reasons I figured we'd use Cygwin in the first place.
Oh well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 12:00 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Need help running Ant under cygwin on Win2k

--- Chris Bailey <chris@codeintensity.com> wrote:
> Ok, the cygwin.home.user works.  But, the slashes seem to be the
> opposite behavior.  For example, I set a property for a Perl script
> we run, as this:
>
>   <property name="bin"           location="bin"/>
>   <property name="wmdl.compiler" location="${bin}/wmdlcc.pl"/>
>
> Then I exec ${wmdl.compiler}, but what I see Ant 1.5Beta2 spit out is:

You'd need to use 'value' instead of 'location' -- and you'd need to run
it all through 'sh', not exec the perl script directly. For example:

  <property name="filename" value="/usr/local/lib/foo.a"/>
  <target name="runscript">
    <exec executable="sh">
      <arg line='-c "printit.pl ${filename}"'/>
    </exec>
  </target>

$ ant runscript
runscript: