ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Bailey" <ch...@codeintensity.com>
Subject RE: How do I get package listing in javadoc task?
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 20:19:19 GMT
There are about 50 packages.  e.g. tn.utils, tn.db, tn.data, tn.content,
etc.  I assume that they all starting with "tn." is not a problem, since say
the Java API itself all starts with "java.".

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 1:11 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: How do I get package listing in javadoc task?

I'm not sure at all, but it may be that you have only one package, so it
doesn't create that frame?

In any case, here's an example of a <javadoc> task, with another target that
checks if it's necessary to run. Just remove the 'depends' and 'unless'
attributes of <target name="javadocs"> if you don't care about running
<javadoc> everytime you call it. --DD

PS: This task create the package-list frame, but all the projects its used
in have at least two packages.

  <target name="javadocs"
          depends="javadocs.uptodate?"
          unless="javadocs.uptodate">
    <javadoc sourcepath="src"
             destdir="${javadocs}"
             packagenames="com.lgc.*"
             classpathref="classpath-default">
      <link href="http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/" />
    </javadoc>
  </target>

  <target name="javadocs.uptodate?">
    <mkdir dir="${javadocs}" />
    <uptodate property="javadocs.uptodate"
              targetfile="${javadocs}/index.html">
      <srcfiles dir="src" includes="**/*.java,
                                    **/package.html,
                                    **/doc-files/**" />
    </uptodate>

    <!-- All this to print "true" or "false" for the property value -->
    <condition property="javadocs-uptodate-value" value="false">
      <equals arg1="${javadocs.uptodate}" arg2="$${javadocs.uptodate}" />
    </condition>
    <property name="javadocs-uptodate-value" value="true" />
    <echo message="javadocs-uptodate = ${javadocs-uptodate-value}" />
  </target>