ant-user mailing list archives

From Siamack Farshi <sfar...@724.com>
Subject RE: JAVA_HOME path problem in linux
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:18:49 GMT
Check /usr/local directory, normally all the softwares that
are shared by users are put in this directory. If you do not find
java installation there, why do n't you download one there
and then set you path to that location, that will solve
all your problems. In my case it did.

usr/bin only contains java executable.

-----Original Message-----
From: rp601@doc.ic.ac.uk [mailto:rp601@doc.ic.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 8:16 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: JAVA_HOME path problem in linux

Thanx for that, but I 've tried it and didn't work

If I put JAVA_HOME=/usr/bin I get the error message
cannot execute or load usr/bin/bin

If I put JAVA_HOME=/usr I get the error message
couldn't find or load essential class java/lang/Object

set JAVA_HOME=/usr/bin and not /usr/bin/java
_____________________________________
Kapil Singh Pawar
Consultant - Integration
i2 Technologies India Private Ltd.