ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Display -XXX tasks in -projecthelp result?
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 13:49:31 GMT
-projecthelp will not list tasks without a description attribute or element.
It is indeed a common idiom to prefix private target names with a dash to
prevent being callable from the command line (easily), but as you mention
it's kind of a hack. Since ANT doesn't seem to have any/much restrictions on
target names, it seems legit though (except maybe using a comma, since it's
the target separator of the depends attribute).

I personally post-fix target names with a question mark when they check
something, usually setting properties conditionally.

Regards, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Ernst de Haan [mailto:ernsth@nl.euro.net]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 6:49 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Display -XXX tasks in -projecthelp result?

Hi,

Suggestion: Perhaps we should disable displaying of the 'private' tasks in
the
-projecthelp output? Private tasks can be implemented by having their name
start with a dash '-'. In fact this is a sort of dirty hack, because Ant
considers an argument starting with a hash as an argument instead of a
target
name.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ