ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: <echo> with if/unless - a request
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 18:43:34 GMT
But you can already do that with ant-contrib's <if> task I understand,
provided you can use 1.5 beta, and are willing to invest the effort of
configuring them. But I agree, if/unless/os on more (if not all) tasks would
be good too. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Ellsworth [mailto:scott@alodar.com]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 1:12 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: <echo> with if/unless - a request

On Friday, June 7, 2002, at 08:37  AM, Dominique Devienne wrote:

> Better yet, factor the conditions in a base class, and derive from it.
> That way, you can add the conditions to any task you want that derives
> from Task (basically simple tasks).

Man - o - man, I would love to see this in more ANT tasks.  Simple if
support, like exists for targets, would make certain of my scripts a LOT
cleaner - vis:

<target jar-manifest if="jar.main-class">
   <manifest>
     (the code to insert a main class)
   </manifest>
   <fileset ...>
</target>

<target jar-no-manifest unless="jar.main-class">
   <fileset ...>
</target>

<target jar depends="jar-manifest, jar-no-manifest"" />

could just become

<target jar >
   <manifest if="jar.main-class">
     (the code to insert a main class)
   </manifest>
   <fileset ...>
</target>

This is still declarative in the sense that ANT likes, but I would not
have to split targets into a gaziillion bits depending on what value I
want sent to a single task in a larger target.

Scott