ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Get directory listing and iterate over
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2002 15:12:15 GMT
I think you misunderstand ANT. Either you use it, possibly extending it with
a custom task (but there are often pure-ANT solutions), or you do write a
perl script top to bottom to compile your project. If you could restate
precisely what you are trying to do, I would be surprised we wouldn't find a
solution to your problem, and if indeed there are none and it's a valid use
case, most probably an extension would be added, in the form of a custom
task.

Not very useful, huh? --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Grinvald, Edward [mailto:EDWARD.GRINVALD@ca.com]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 10:04 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Get directory listing and iterate over

Hi all,
    Since i can't seem to be able to get perl to work with <script>, and
javascript (luckily) can't access local filesystems (and is therefore not a
good substituion to perl), i am in a bit of confusion as to how to do the
following:
    I have a larget number 20+ of subprojects that i'd need to
compile/build/dist/etc. they are all under one src directory. Is there a way
for me to go that directory, get the listing, and then using antcall call
one function that will do everything (function already written) for all the
subdirectories/projects in that src directory, in one loop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Edward Grinvald
Computer Associates International