ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject About <path> and build.sysclasspath
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:54:49 GMT
1) It seems that <path> is not referenced in the 'Core Types' sub-sections
of the 'Concept and Types' section. You can find out about <path> thru the
'Path-like structure' sub-section of 'Using ANT' only. <path> is a type,
isn't it? <javac> correctly x-referenced to 'path-like structure' though ;-)

2) Also, I discovered the significance of build.sysclasspath by playing with
GUMP (who defines it to build.sysclasspath=only), and a recent post of dIon.
I may be wrong, but I never saw anywhere that the classpath I use for
<javac>/<java>/etc... can be completely ignored, and the system CLASSPATH
used to run ANT itself be used instead!!! I think this should be mentioned
at least for <class>/<classpath>, and potentially everywhere one can set an
explicit classpath.

My $.02 on making the doc better (and not actually patching it). --DD