ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: MailLogger and Sound
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 20:43:33 GMT

On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 11:25  AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:

>     ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger fail

Thanks, Erik!

This was exactly what one of my clients asked for recently, and I
thought it would be much, much harder.

Is there any way to chain loggers together in 1.5 or 1.6?  I usually use
NoBannerLogger, as empty targets merely confuse people.  (A full build
of our system hits thirty top level targets, and over two hundred
subtargets.  Since many of these are empty, this saves a lot of
mindspace.)

If I use the MailLogger, the message, of course, contains every header,
not just the ones sent by NoBannerLogger, as one can have only one
logger defined.

Failing that, is there any chance that we could fold the NoBanner
functionality into MailLogger, perhaps by making it part of the standard
logging behavior if a property is set?

Scott